Hydro Monoelasto 100 is a single-component, polymer-modified cement waterproofing product made with high resistance hydraulic binders, selected aggregates and special additives. Specifically designed for waterproofing and protecting concrete. Developed by research activities in Licata SpA laboratories, Hydro Monoelasto 100 stands out for its superior flexibility and tenacity, adhesion strength, and surface mechanical strength. Easy workability, the product can be applied either using a trowel (with 3 mm teeth) or a roller, or even a brush. Resistance to UV rays is the added value which the Licata S.p.A. Research and Development team devoted specific studies to. Hydro Monoelasto 100 is certified and identified in accordance with UNI EN 14891, as waterproof cement mortar, resistant to chlorine and with crack-bridging ability at low temperatures (-20 ˚C) and it is therefore classified as CM02P; in addition, it meets the requirements of UNI EN 1504-2 for coating (C) in accordance with PI, MC and IR principles.
Main Areas of Application
Hydro Monoelasto 100 was formulated to ensure the best performance levels in waterproofing and protection work on the most commonly used cement substrates in construction. Hydro Monoelasto 100 can be applied either using a trowel (with 3 mm teeth) or a roller, or even a brush, effectively accommodating all the application requirements of construction sites. It is recommended for waterproofing:
- Screeds, including old ones, provided they are compact and not powdery
- Swimming pools, prior to laying the ceramic tiles.
- Vats and tanks
- Hydraulic works, such as irrigation channels or gutters, dams, etc.
- Prefabricated concrete or cast in-situ
- Autoclaved aerated concrete
- Cement substrates of various natures.
Hydro Monoelasto 100 meets the requirements of UNI EN 1504-2 for coating C) in accordance with PI, MC and IR principles and it proves to be perfectly stable to UV rays; it is therefore also recommended for protecting concrete, both as a final layer, as well as an intermediate layer prior to laying ceramic floors, or decorative tiles.
• Specifically designed for waterproofing. Hydro Monoelasto 100 is certified and identified in accordance with UNI EN 14891, as waterproof cement mortar for liquid application, resistant to chlorine and with crack bridging ability at low temperatures (-20 ˚C) and therefore classified as CM02P.
• Specifically designed to protect concrete. Hydro Monoelasto 100, owing to its special formula, prevents atmospheric CO2 from penetrating, thus protecting the concrete underneath it against the negative consequences of carbonation; in addition it meets the requirements of UNI EN 1504-2 for coating (C) in accordance with PI, MC and IR principles.
• Resistant to UV rays. Resistance to UV rays is the added value which the Licata SpA Research and Development team devoted in-depth studies to.
• Easy workability. The use of special additives and inert spherical quartz materials with a constant particle size curve with a maximum head of < 300 micron make Hydro Monoelasto 100 extremely spreadable, easy to work and apply both using a trowel (with 3 mm teeth) or using a roller, or even a brush, effectively meeting all the application requirements of construction sites.
• High adhesion strength. Hydro Monoelasto 100 is a polymer-modified mortar. The adhesion values obtained after exposure to extreme conditions of frost, heat and chemical aggression are proof of its reliability over time.
• Can be walked over. The high-performance hydraulic binders, selected inert materials with constant particle size curve lend it good surface mechanical strength.